Sunday, February 8, 2009

Top 5 Digital Short Music Videos

With the airing last night of the newest of Andy Samberg's SNL Digital Short Music Videos, I decided to do a top 5. I had some hesitation, because all of these video's crack me up. So no disrespect to the bottom videos. My number 1 was clear, but after that, it could really be a four way tie. Well, here it it.

5. Jizz in My Pants

I saw JIMP for the first time on TV. I remember watching it and being...ok, what's going on. It's a bit of a slow starter, but when he drops the first one, oh man. However, as I watched it, I remember thinking - "I'm gonna send this to Rudy and Duarte in the morning, and they're gonna crack up!" I awoke in the morning to find that Duarte had beaten me to the punch. Still, a classic video. If I was a bigger Flight Of The Concords fan, I probably would have this up around 2 or 3. But it's on the iPod, and is definitely not a skip-over.

4. I'm on a Boat

This is the newest of the videos, unveiled yesterday. I again saw it on TV. As soon as Samberg goes "aaannnnddd.....T-Pain" I knew it was gonna be legendary. And it did not disappoint. T-Pain's solo about 2/3 of the way through is particularly awesome. It looks like they're on a real yacht. I hope it's T-Pain's, otherwise the video must have been all kinds of expensive. A great addition to the collection.

3. Dick in a Box

A classic with my boy JT. Again, a slow starter, but goes off quick. My favorite part has gotta be towards the end with the holiday's. Timberlake as the Rabbi especially. I know a lot of people out there would have this at number 1. No disrespect, it's a worthy choice. But there's two I like just a little bit more...

2. Natalie Raps

A lot of people might not have seen this one. It's my dark horse, but it's absolutely hilarious. It begins as a Natalie Portman interview, but turns into her rapping. It's quite obscene to the point of being hilarious. Samberg makes an appearance in the end dressed as a viking of sorts. I know there's some doubt as to whether this should count in the Samberg music video category. While he's not as prominent as in others, I threw it in there. If you ha vent seen this, check it out.

1. Lazy Sunday

For me, it doesn't get better than Lazy Sunday. I think this really put Andy on the map. Samberg and Chris Parnell rap about the Chronicles of Narnia and cupcakes. Two of my all time favorite lines - "Mr. Pibb and Red Vines equals CRAZY DELICIOUS!" and "You can call me Aaron Burr the way I'm dropping Hamilton's!" Classic. This one, unfortunately has been removed pretty well from YouTube. But if you can find it, definitely watch it. Without a doubt my all time favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment