Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Salute to Sonic

We had a PAC Frat field trip to Sonic tonight. Sonic is amazing. Where do I begin? Let's start with the food. As Nick put it, "they've got everything. You want fish? They got fish. Tater tots? They got em." Breakfast menu available all day scores them big points. Tonight I threw down a cherry limeade, a cheeseburger, a corn dog, and some tater tots. Now that is a delicious meal.

And while the food is excellent, Sonic's true appeal is visible from the semi-major highway nearby or the IHOP next-door (seriously, what is that about? do all Sonic's have IHOPs near by?) The idea that I can order my food from my car by pushing a button and a guy/girl will roller skate out and give it to me makes the food so much better. Sonic combines my three favorite past times - eating, roller skates, and not getting up. Never before have they been integrated so well. If you've got a big group, there's picnic tables where you can eat, but you STILL don't have to go up to a window and order - its a push the button and talk situation. And so while I have mad love for the hedgehog, Sonic the restaurant will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment