Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let it Begin!

Welcome to my blog. For those of you who know me, I am shy, quiet, well mannered, and not at all obnoxious, so consider this a place where true feelings and thoughts will flow. I am also currently developing some way to express sarcasm while typing. Will keep you posted.

Foreword: I'd like to take a moment and share the inspiration for this blog. Full disclosure. For just under four years now, a certain individual, henceforth known as "Less Than Three," has been in my life. However, what may be perceived by others as a healthy friendship on the outside is a brutal competition on the inside. LTT has without a doubt made it his mission to become better at everything that I do. Citing a questionable "knee injury," Less Than Three became a coxswain, and with his afro looks much more bad-ass in a boat than I ever could. And what about that knee injury? It seems pretty clear that it was to cement his legacy in flag football glory forever, while sadly I will be forgotten. Showing off his computer skills, he continuously bombards me with misleading links that open an uncloseable window on my computer. When he found out I was going to get a graduate degree, he enrolled in a program that would also earn him a degree - in one less year. Coincidences? I think not.

In a constant quest for sympathy for his knee "injury," Less Than Three will often interrupt others by saying, "did someone say knee surgery?" - even when no one has said anything sounding remotely like 'knee surgery'. At a recent crew function, LTT pulled a balloon and pump out of nowhere and proceeded to make a balloon dog. Was there a purpose to this? One - to show off.

Ladies and gentlemen, time and time again my efforts to outdo the doer have fallen, like my stature, short. Well when an opportunity presents itself, I am not one to sit idly by. I was recently informed that Less Than Three attempted to begin blogging several months ago. Well, it appears he is human after all - after a few posts his blog fell silent and forgotten.

Which is what brings me here today. Perhaps this was all a crafted trick - LTT set up a blog, let it rot, induced me to start my own, and then will make his far superior as soon as I get started to beat me yet again. Perhaps. but that is a chance I am willing to take. This is my chance to begin to put some points back in my column. While right now he is the Nadal to my Federer, I will rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment