Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snuggies and ShamWows

Infomercials are amazing. The problem is that they are so long and they only advertise one product. If the infomercial products were to team up, the boom of spending would pull us out of the recession. Consider: you are at home, lying on your couch, with a normal blanket, drinking a glass of wine. When you sit up to grab your glass of wine, you notice you are cold. While you try to pull the blanket back up, you accidentally knock the glass over. Most people would be frustrated. BUT, if you had seen the KaBoom/ShamWow/Snuggie infomercial, all of this could have been avoided. With it's revolutionary sleeves built right into the blanket, the Snuggie user would have been more focused on picking up the glass. In the rare chance that a spill did occur, she could spray the affected area with KaBoom and then instantly absorb up all the liquid with the ShamWow!

If I'm ordering a ShamWow, they try to make you call now and double your order. But as my contracts professor pointed out, if they last 10 years, why would I need 8 of them. But something like "call now, and we'll throw in a free Snuggie!" It would be unbeatable. And so I propose the Snuggie-ShamWow partnership. As a consumer, I would most likely be pulled into the trap. I recently visited a friend who spoke very well of the ShamWow, and as much as the guy on the infomercial haunts my dreams, I would still buy it if they threw in a free snuggie. Where is that phone?! I've only got 9 minutes and 37 seconds left!

PS My apologies for the posting hiatus...was out of town. But now I'm back, so no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment