Friday, February 6, 2009

HIMYM

For those of you who don't watch How I Met Your Mother, you really should. It's an awesome show. A big part of the awesomeness of the show is certainly Barney Stinson (played by Neil Patrick Harris). Robin Scherbatsky is another one of the main characters (played by the amazing Cobie Smulders). I have been a fan of these two since the beginning, and have been waiting til they got together. It seems like something that has been destined from the beginning. The show has 5 main characters - Marshall, Ted, Lily, Robin, and Barney. Marshall and Lily have been engaged since the beginning (minus about half a season), and while Ted and Robin were early love interests, we know from the very first episode that they don't end up together. Which leaves Barney and Robin.

We've seen the pattern before - characters who are friends, and who are opposites in a lot of ways but end up together in the end. Classic example - Monica and Chandler. Recent episodes seem to indicate that this could be happening soon. I am very excited. However, Robin is not the only one who has been seeing a lot of Barney recently. She is joined by my friends. I find myself unable to control my use of Barney-isms as of late. In the last 5 months, my use of the phrase "what up?" in a high pitched voice has increased exponentially. My favorite Barneyism - "Whenever I'm feeling _________, I just stop being ___________ and start being awesome. True story." - has become a personal statement. I even started this blog as a tribute to Mr. Stinson. While I still hold onto my true identity, Barney's influence has been undeniable. I know I have some friends out there who appreciate it (what up Hornbook?), but to everyone else, if it gets to be too much, I extend my apologies.

Headed out. Maybe I'll suit up...

No comments:

Post a Comment