Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Candlelight at Waffle House

On Valentine's Day, Waffle House is offering white-tablecloth service and candle-light dinners. Waffle House, I salute you. I think this is a great idea. For those unfamiliar with Waffle House (poor unfortunate Northerners), it is the kind of restaurant where you can load up with a lot of breakfast food for not a lot of cash. All you need is a big stomach and 8 bucks. I've been to several up and down the east coast.

While some people are sure to scoff at this V-day offering, guys out there, you've got to be with me that this is awesome. Let me put it this way. Valentine's day is about guys either taking their girls out to a nice dinner or, if you've really got skills, making them an elaborate dinner. Imagine if it was the other way around. A holiday where women took their men out to dinner. What would I want? Breakfast food. Fo sho. There are not too many things I enjoy more. Waffle House prices would take away the worries that my girlfriend was spending too much on me. And who doesn't enjoy a small flame between you and your eating partner? Check, check, check. The perfect storm. If my girlfriend took me to a waffle house candle light dinner for the Valentine's day for men, I would be super excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment