Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Outlook on SpiderBytes

Outlook and I have had a rocky relationship over the past 6 months. Most of the time it makes me happy, but sometimes it will randomly put good emails in the junk folder, or take a long time to send/receive. But Outlook's latest move has made me so happy that I am willing to forgive all of her past transgressions.

Some of you may have heard me complain about my absolute hatred of SpiderBytes. If you walk by my room in the mornings, there's a good chance the wave of profanity is directed at SpiderBytes. For those unfamiliar, SpiderBytes is announcements about the events around the University of Richmond. For my fellow Tribesmen, it's like Campus Announcements...only EVERY DAY. My mouse has gotten so good at making a straight shot to the delete button that I almost do it automatically. My life here consists of class, the library, the gym, and the dining hall. I have no desire to know which sororities are having bake sales, or that the equestrian team is looking for a new assistant coach. I am a pretty easygoing guy, but the sometimes seeing Spiderbytes is like the Grinch hearing the Hoos singing when he was hoping he would be done with them forever. Only my heart has yet to grow three sizes for SpiderBytes.

My hatred of SpiderBytes is what makes Outlook's move so amazing...Outlook has started filing my SpiderBytes STRAIGHT INTO JUNK MAIL. I realized this was happening the other day, and nearly jumped out of my chair. God bless you, Outlook! I could not agree more with your assessment of SpiderBytes as "junk." It is a glorious week for me and my inbox. Now, I realize I am taking a huge chance here, and that posting this might jinx me and send SpiderBytes back to my Inbox. Let's just say I am really really really hoping that does not happen.

Quick note: After learning of this recent development and my hatred of SpiderBytes, Ned attempted to send me today's SpiderBytes, titling the email "Not Junk." Well guess what Ned? Outlook saw through your plan, and filed that email in junk as well! Outlook, if you are somehow reading this, you are amazing. Keep up the good work.

P.S. Should there ever be a long drought without a post, it is most likely that SpiderBytes have returned to my Inbox, and I have broken my computer in a rage of fury.

No comments:

Post a Comment