Friday, March 13, 2009

Whatever, I do what I want III

For the third installment of "Whatever, I do what I want!," the award goes to people whose addresses on their houses are spelled out. You know what I'm talking about - "Eighteen Twenty-Four" instead of 1824. In case it wasn't all ready difficult enough, they take it to the next level by writing it in some strange cursive font. I was told of an especially ridiculous one recently, "One thousand, Four hundred and..." There needs to be a rule established. If it is easier to tell your address by looking to the house on your left and then the house on your right and finding the middle, your writing is too pretentious and needs to be changed. Or, hey, how about a bright-line rule: Addresses must be numbers. No exceptions. So congratulations, address spellers. You have earned negative one thousand, twelve hundred, and sixty seven awesome points.

I just saw a preview for tonight's Jimmy Fallon. He and Tracy Morgan are wearing Snuggies, both the dark blue like mine. More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment