Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Go Hang a Salami. I'm a Lasagna Hog.

The title is my favorite palindrome (spelled the same forwards as backwards). Credit goes to Kimi for opening my eyes to it. While I do love palindromes, I've got a bit of a beef. Shouldn't the word for something that describes spelling symmetry be able to be spelled the same backwards itself? Palindrome, you are a hypocrite. What exactly is an emordnilap?

Personally, i can't get enough of palindromes. That's why I had my mom install radar on my kayak. I never miss an opportunity to yell "Yo banana boy" or watch nurses run. I'm currently writing a screenplay where every character's name is a palindrome, and they only speak in palindromes. Spoiler Alert: There's a great part where Dr. Awkward asks Evil Olive, "Was it a car or a cat I saw?" and she responds "A toyota's a toyota." I dunno, maybe you've gotta be there. And by there, I mean the setting of the screenplay, DNA-land. Anyway, palindromes are awesome, and there needs to be more of them in the world.

Full disclosure, I actually am a lasagna hog. I can't get enough of the stuff. Great. Now I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment