Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tennis?!!? I hardly know her!

Those who know me best know tennis is one of my favorite sports, be it playing or watching. Walk in my room and you will see a large Rafael Nadal poster hanging nest to an equal sized Federer poster. Truth be told, while fans of both, I have always been a Nadal man first.

The tennis scoring system is one of the strangest things known to man, and must have been invented to make people feel better about themselves.

You just scored one point? Well guess what, you've got 15! What? Man, I must be really good!

I got another point! How much do I have now? 30!?!? I love this game.

I haven't scored yet, do I have zero? No, zero's too depressing. You have love. Awww. Love. I almost don't want to score.

Miss a serve? No problem. You get another one. If it's really close, you can have two more.

The system makes absolutely no sense. This is the only plausible explanation I can think of. But perhaps it's origins in making people feel better is a reason why I like the sport so much. If so, I'm not complaining. So here's to love games everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment