Sunday, March 29, 2009

My man does it again

He's gone and done it again. Not one year ago, I was on a couch, watching Tiger on the 18th green at Bay Hill, tied for the lead with a birdie putt. The commentators said "He hasn't made a putt outside of 20 feet all week, and this one's 22." He steps up and drills it for the win. Dead center. I went nuts. It is times like these that I love Roxanne (my TiVo) cause I definitely watched that a good number of times.

Well, a year and a knee surgery later, Eldrick found himself in the same place - tied for the lead, 18th hole, birdie putt to win. The putt this year was 16 feet. Instead of on my couch, I was on my bed, but I without a doubt yelled just as loudly (the dorm can attest I'm sure) when he sank it for the win...AGAIN. The guy is nuts. His third tournament back from knee surgery and about 8 months off the tour and he's back winning again. And oh yeah, he started the day 5 strokes back. Aint no thang.
Tiger, you are truly the man. After a weekend of my bracket getting busted over and over again, Tiger has given me such an energy that only a memorandum of law in support of plaintiff's motion for summary judgment can take away.

Another great commentary this year:

Tiger is hitting an approach shot, aims to the right of the green.
Commentators: "what's he doing aiming all the way over there?" "I'm not really sure"
Tiger hits the shot, it land middle of the green and spins left and back to about 3 feet from the cup
Commentators: "I think he knows what he's doing out there"

Yeah, I think he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment