Monday, March 16, 2009

On A Stick

I recently saw an insurance commercial that had a ice cream man trying to sell Popsicles without the sticks. It reminded me of a conversation I had with Nick and DeVon a few weeks ago about how everything is better when you put it on a stick. It's portable practical, and not just for Popsicles anymore. Take corn dogs - if you tried to sell a hot dog wrapped up in cornbread batter and deep fried, not a chance. But put it on a stick and BAM. It's golden. Bags of cotton candy do not sell nearly as well as cotton candy on a stick. Weird looking chicken? Meh...I'll pass. Weird looking chicken on a stick? Hey, I'll try anything once. Little cheese cubes are impossible to resist when the toothpick with which I will stab them and eat them off of is readily available. Marshmallows are roasted on sticks, and true campers forgo the crackers and chocolate and eat the marshmallow right off the stake.

I could go on and on. Food is just better on a stick. If you've read a couple posts, you know I'm a big fan of top-10 lists. So now, my top 10 list of foods that need to be on sticks.

1. Twinkies. I do realize that this would mean a slight reduction in cream filling (to make room for the stick) but its a sacrifice I would be willing to make.
2. Ravioli. Pile 4 or 5 of those bad boys and you're good to go.
3. Pot stickers. A food with "stick" in the name deserves to be on one.
4. Cauliflower. I don't like cauliflower. I would not eat it if it was on a stick. I just think it deserves to be stabbed.
5. Beef. There's a little of this, but not nearly enough. I need more meats on sticks.
6. Nilla Wafers. Sticks will be the key to inspiring the N.W. comeback our country needs.
7. Sushi. We already use chopsticks. Why not take next step?
8. Chicken Nuggets. Delicious already. If I could avoid the greasy fingers afterwards, I'm be on cloud 9.
9. Jello. It's alive!
10. Krispy Kreme Donuts. Similar to Chicken Nuggets.

When this whole law school thing doesn't work out for me, I will start a restaurant that will serve everything on sticks. It's gonna be sweet. Still working on the name - suggestions welcome. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: