Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whatever, I Do What I Want Double

It's time for another edition of "Whatever, I Do What I Want!" Tonight is actually a double edition.

The first "Whatever, I Do What I Want" award goes to professional athletes who drink and drive. Really? You make millions of dollars a year and you can't afford to take a cab? or have someone drive you? If I were capable of hate, I could despise someone an awful lot, but if they said "drive me home and I'll give you $250," I'd be behind that wheel like a 15 year old with errands to run. You KNOW you are gonna be in the news if you get caught. And suspensions are gonna cost you a heck of a lot more than a cab ride that's for sure. It amazes me how much this happens and continues to happen.

Which brings me to my second "Whatever, I Do What I Want" award. It goes to my beloved franchise, the Cincinnati Bengals. As a bengals fan I've gone through more than my fair share of dark days in recent years. The Carson Palmer injuries, the Chad Johnson drama, the complete and utter lack of defense, and so on and so on. But I gotta say these guys have to some of the dumbest out there with the trouble they get into off the field. In 2006, nine players were arrested and/or suspended. That happens to be more wins than we had that year. 4 more issues the following season, some involving the same guys.

Ok, obviously, the franchise is in need of some sort of PR miracle. Maybe some time without any incidents. It was looking so good...until today, when one of our cornerbacks got pulled over for DRUNK DRIVING. Leon Hall blew a .149. That's almost twice the legal limit. Way to go. I love the article too: "Hall is the first Bengals player to face criminal charges in nearly a year." Like it's some kind of accomplishment. What you want, a cookie? So tonight my fingers are crossed for my players staying out of jail, and people everywhere to stop driving drunk. Call a cab, homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment