Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spider Snuggies?

Athena sent me this story today about a forthcoming development for Snuggies. http://www.cnbc.com/id/30350785?__source=RSS*blog*&par=RSS.

Snuggies will now be available with college logos on them. Because nothing says school spirit like keeping your hands free while wearing a soft warm blanket. In the Snuggie commercial, they show parents out in the stands cheering for their child wearing the Snuggie, so I think that is the idea here. Personally, I think it's a great idea. They're sales should increase a lot. But I have to say my enthusiasm can only go so far.

According to the article, they will be made only for "big sports schools like Michigan, North Carolina, and Texas" Sadly, I can't foresee William and Mary or Richmond being included in such a group.

Some time ago, I would have simply accepted this as the way it has to be and moved on. But I have to say strange things have been happening. Professor Berryhill let us out 40 minutes early from class, instead of his usual practice of keeping us at least 5 minutes over. Ryan "White Lightning" Shannon chased down a runner in a recent softball game. There's no rational explanation of how these things are happening. They just are. Times are changing, and this is America, where we complain and complain until something happens, and if it doesn't we eat a Big Mac. And so while in the past I may have chosen to sit back and be jealous of others with logo'd Snuggies, I say it's time to put democracy into action!

I have contacted All-Star Marketing, the marketers of the Snuggie, and laid out a case for why they should make a Richmond Spiders Snuggie, and implored them to do so. I expect to hear back soon with their answer. More details to come later when I hear back from them (hopefully tomorrow). Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment