Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Internet is Down Email? Really?

Today I was sitting in my carrel when I noticed the Internet was no longer working. If you use outlook, you know "all folders are up to date" changes to "this folder was last updated at..." About 45 minutes later the Internet was working again. I then received an email, sent some time ago that informed me the Internet was out. About an hour later, I got another email telling me the Internet was back up.

I gotta question this system. When the Internet is down, what is the purpose of sending an email that says that? By the time anyone gets it, the Internet will be back up. People who will get it right away are off campus, and thus not using the campus Internet. Also, I don't need an email that says the Internet is back up. That was accomplished by my receiving the first email. It's about as useful as a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

Here's what I propose. When the Internet goes down, send an email that says "The Internet has been restored. Sorry about that." People will get it when the Internet comes back on. People off campus will be like "Oh. I guess the Internet over there was down. Sucks for them." No one is harmed by this scenario.

Shout out to everyone who came out to ball tonight. Good times and some much needed time outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment