Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hodge Podge

Ok, lots to catch up on.

First off, if you're a fan of the Muppets, check this out. It was hands down the best sketch from last week's SNL: http://www.hulu.com/watch/66320/saturday-night-live-muppet-bus

Snuggie update. I've gotten a lot of heat about the fact that I own a Snuggie from one particular individual who at this point shall remain nameless. But haters to the left, cause it's still awesome. I recently slept in my Snuggie for the first time. Lets just say I can toss and turn all I want and i'll still be warm. It's amazing.

To my fellow HIMYM fans, I believe the day I've been waiting for is arriving. They showed a rerun of "The Goat" on Monday, and a new episode is coming this week. Which I am taking to mean the story of the goat will be revealed! Very excited. Also curious to see how they deal with both main actresses being pregnant at the same time. Shouldn't there be some clause in their contract about that? If you watch the last new episode, you'll notice very few full body shots of Robin and Lily spends a lot of time behind a basketball rack or playing a guitar.

Fast approaching is the return of one of my all time favorite shows: Prison Break. For those unfamiliar, the show's premise began as a guy got framed for a murder and was in prison, then his brother cooked up an elaborate plan, got himself put in jail with his brother so he could break them out. After the season 1 finale, where they escape and start to run, I jokingly said "wouldn't it be great if every other season they went back to prison and had to break out again?" Well as it turns out, that's EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. Season 2, they were on the run. Season 3, back in prison. Now in Season 4, they're on the run again. Ridiculous.

I won't even begin to try to describe the intricacies of the plot. I could have a whole blog just about that. But I think it's safe to say that it deserves my 1st annual ridiculous plot twists award. With 5 episodes left, I am sad to see it go. But it is time. Who knew a show called Prison Break, where they broke out of prison in season 1, could go 4 seasons? My hat is off to those writers.

I guess that's it for now. More to come later. My man tees off tomorrow afternoon in the quest for another green jacket. He never really dominates out of the gate at Augusta, so I won't be too worried no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment