Tuesday, April 7, 2009

That Guy 1

House tonight really threw me. At the end of last weeks show, they had a really dramatic preview, saying "Every season there is an episode that goes beyond words. This is that episode" I have been looking forward to it since then, cause they usually don't let me down. And WOW. For those who watch and haven't seen it yet, don't worry I won't give anything away. But it is a shocker.

Tonight I'm going to start something new. I'm going to assemble a cast of characters that I encounter on a regular basis. I guess this is sort of like the Real Men of Genius, but when I actually have the time and motivation to achieve my dream of writing a screenplay, I'll look back on some of these characters and maybe they will make their way in. I call it "Don't be THAT guy"

Tonight's person is that guy at the gym working out and making sure everyone around him knows it. This is not one specific guy - it changes each time. But there is always one guy in there. If you are doing that much breathing and grunting on the treadmill, it's probably too fast. Yup, that was a great last rep you did there. Why don't you celebrate it some more? Oh, and now you're checking your pulse. Without looking at a clock. Magically? This is the guy who always looks pained, whether or not he actually is. You may know him by another name, I-don't-wipe-down-the-machine-after-I've-sweated-all-over-it Guy. Why are they always the same person?
If there is music playing, I have an iPod on, and I can still hear you from a floor up, something is wrong. I've got no problem with people exerting themselves, but try to be a little discreet about it. I don't need to know that you're feeling the burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment