Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shakin' It

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those meant to PLAY competitive basketball, and those meant to WATCH competitive basketball. But don't get me wrong - just because you may be meant to watch the game doesn't mean you can't affect it. The crowd can play a big role, and sometimes, bigger is better.

Which brings me to my Hero-Of-The-Day: This guy: http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2010/02/fan-shakes-his-moneymaker-as-distraction-video/

This guy is in the stands at a game between Idaho and Utah State. Idaho's Marvin Jefferson is at the line shooting 2 free throws. The game is at Utah State, so the crowd is yelling and screaming, and waving their arms trying to distract him. This is a pretty common sight. What is NOT a common sight is this guy. He's down to a teeny pair of white shorts and a pair of cupid wings on his back. And oh yeah - he is shaking every bit of his what appears to be approx. 280+ pound frame.

It's a bit disturbing, but appears to be effective, as Jefferson misses both free throws.

I must say, this guy's achievement holds a special place in my heart for a reason. My senior year of college, my friends and I went shirtless, got body-painted up, and headed to the William and Mary basketball game against visiting ODU. We camped out right behind the basket. Whenever an ODU player shot free throws, we made obnoxious bird calls as loud as possible and waved our arms. We got other people around doing it too. It seemed foolproof!

ODU didn't miss a free throw. The entire game. 17 for 17. Seriously, check the box score.

So my hat goes off to you, sir, for your dedication and success. Bravo.

Thanks to Richard for sending me the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment