Thursday, May 27, 2010

Glee Update

I know it's been a while. My apologies. I'd like to say I got back all by myself, but the push from Carolyn definitely helped.

May means the end of many TV shows for the summer, and while most have finished up, there is one excellent show that still has a couple weeks to go. I speak, of course, of Glee. Glee has gotten off to a solid start this season. After an excellent first two episodes, I was less than thrilled for a couple weeks, but NPH and GaGa week brought it back up to standard. You may know that NPH and Lady Gaga are two of my favorite people of all time, so that should come as no surprise. But the show is back on track with quality songs, and some more entertaining plot lines than "Rachel likes 3 boys."

Of course one development has also been super awesome, and I was suggested to talk about it by my newest reader, the most excellent Quimbilicious. The show finally utilizing the Jane Lynch as a singer. We got NONE of that in season 1. I guess the producers finally realized that Sue is well loved by Gleeks everywhere. Not only has she been featured more prominently in Season 2 as a whole, but they have let her sing. Vogue and Physical were awesome, and I really do hope there is more to come. Jane has sung in her other works.

I must give a tip of my hat to the writers for FINALLY utilizing some of their talent. I'll never understand what you were thinking putting the best dancer on the cast in a wheelchair, but you are making some strides. Bad Romance showed you can actually have a song sung by the girls and not by Rachel and some others here and there. I think it might have been the first song that Rachel was a part of, but you didn't really hear her on many solo lines. Kurt, Tina, and Santana got some well deserved time.

Casting Idina as Rachel's mother was excellent as well. So keep it up, Glee. I want more Sue and more Sue singing. I will not take no for an answer. And by that, I mean yeah, there's not a lot I can do but I will be really happy if there's more Sue!

More to come later. Hopefully it will not be as long as the last gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment