Friday, February 26, 2010

Birthday Wishes and HTTM:CTAM

Today is a special day. February 26th doesn't have a whole lot of significance to the vast majority of the population, but for me it is important for two very good reasons.

The first is that today is Henry's birthday. Sir, I hope you are enjoying yourself in beautiful weather down in Florida, and that everything is splendid and grand. We will meet again soon.

The second reason is that today begins a month of anticipation and excitement. Today is February 26th, which means that we are now officially one month from the release of the greatest cinematic production of the millennium.

I speak, of course, about Hot Tub Time Machine.

I have been looking forward to this movie for what feels like years (in reality, it has only been a few months). The following is the description of the plot on IMDB's web page for the film:

"Four guy friends, all of them bored with their adult lives, travel back to their respective 80s heydays thanks to a time-bending hot tub."

I don't know how I am going to make it through this month. The film...nay...experience....stars John Cusack, Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, and Clark Duke.

It's hard for me to put into words my true feelings for this movie. After an extensive search for a representative metaphor, here's what I got. There are snakes that go months without eating. Then they finally catch something, but are so hungry that they suffocate while eating. Am I saying that i will die from seeing this movie? Well that depends - can you die from laughter? Time, specifically time travel in a hot tub, will tell.

And so begins what I now dedicate as HTTM:CTAM - Hot Tub Time Machine: Countdown to Awesome Month. T minus 28 days. If there is a midnight show Thursday night, I will be there. In the words of Tim, "All holds barred!"

Finally, today's quote of the day comes from Liesl.
"Can you imagine me kickboxing? I actually pack a really lame punch...
I would want to meet me in a dark alley."

That's all for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

In case you haven't seen the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCFPS58KYY

No comments:

Post a Comment