Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Meatzza

Usually, when Blawegsome comes up unexpectedly, it's from one of my friends saying they stumbled across it on my facebook page. Recently, it has shown up on google searches. But the blog reached new levels of creepiness last night, when it infiltrated my dreams.

In my dream, I was at a party at a hotel, talking to a friend and my old rowing coach. My friend was describing how my last blog post was about something called "meatzza," which is apparently pizza with so many meat toppings that it ceases to be just pizza, and becomes meatzza.

I woke up 2/5 confused/weirded out and 3/5 greatly amused. A shout out to my brain, cause it managed to wad my favorite things into 1 for this dream.
1) I love multiple words condensed into one. Blog + Awesome = Blawegsome. SnugWow, Pizzly Bear, shockergasted have all made appearances, just to name a few, not to mention TrashBerg most recently. So my subconscious or wherever dreams come from gets mad props for coming up with meatzza.
2) I love piling multiple kinds of meat on my food. One of my proudest creations is the "coxswain burger" - a cheeseburger with 2 beef patties, turkey, ham, roast beef, and bacon. Transferring this concept onto a slice of pizza is only logical. Meatzza toppings will surely include pepperoni, ham, bacon, sausage, and chicken. Perhaps more.
3) My old rowing coach, RJ Montague himself, is one of the most interesting people I have encountered in my soon to be 23 years. Some people use "interesting" as a negative adjective, but that is certainly not the case here. RJM provided an unlimited supply of movie quotes, jokes, rowing inspiration, and social awkwardness that has yet to be matched or bested. A great coach and an even better guy to be around if you had the sense of humor to match. It's been far too long.

The dream has inspired me to create a meatzza. If anyone has any topping suggestions, leave a comment. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment