Thursday, May 14, 2009

And we're back

Sincerest apologies for the long delay. Over the last two and a half weeks, I have (1) not had a computer and internet access, and (2) had finals. However, both those situations have now been rectified. And so we're back.

A lot to catch up on. But the first has gotta be the most recent SNL digital short, "Motherlover" Its an instant classic. If you haven't seen the link, here it is: http://www.hulu.com/watch/72434/saturday-night-live-motherlover

It stars my boy JT (Justin Timberlake) and Andy Samberg, the same guys who brought us Dick in a Box. The two have just gotten out of jail and both realize that they haven't gotten either of their mothers anything for mothers day. Well, the chorus says it all. There's some great one liners: "They'll have to rename this one All-up-under-the-covers Day" and "Imma be the syrup she can be my waffle" An instant classic, and has potentially inserted (pun intended) itself into my top 5 SNL digital short music videos. Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, watch it, and laugh.

Next, a shout out to the makers of the new Star Trek movies. Summer is a great time for me because it means I go home and go to movies with Carolyn. Well I have no complaints kicking off my summer movie going festivities with that gem I saw tonight. It used enough from the franchise while not getting bogged down in trying to be a remake. The plotline was interesting, the action was excellent, and it moved quick enough to keep me interested.

Thats it for tonight, funny stuff to come tomorrow. Good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment