Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Awesome Hierarchy and Ikea

The world is full of wonderful, amazing things. Almost every day I see something and all I can say is "that's awesome." But there is of course an awesome hierarchy. Allow me to explain.

Level 1 Awesome, or L1A: This is something that I see, think to myself "that's awesome" but don't verbally point out to others, because its just not that awesome or they won't agree that it is awesome.

Level 2 Awesome, or L2A: This is something that I say "that's awesome" to present company, but probably wont tell to anyone not there. Anything where you would say "you kind of had to be there" qualifies as L2A.

Level 3 Awesome, or L3A: This is something that I say "that's awesome" and will likely tell people about later. This is something pretty awesome.

Level 4 Awesome, of L4A: The Coup de Awesome. This is something that I say "that's awesome!" I KNOW I will tell people about later, and, perhaps the best sign of all, it makes the blawegsome cut. Well, you get the idea. Now for something L4A...

I recently went to one of the greatest stores out there, Ikea. I love ikea. There is so much stuff. Every piece of furniture you could imagine. But I'm not here today to talk about the furniture. When you walk in, if you are hungry or thirsty, you have several options. First, there is a soda and snack machine. Not bad, but not unusual. Walmart has those. Second, if you want something a little more, there's the Ikea cafe. Here you can get frozen yogurt, a hot dog, a freshly baked cinnamon roll, or something like that. Nice, but I think I've seen it before.

Well venture up to the second floor my friend, and you'll find option number 3 - the Ikea RESTAURANT. A sit down restaurant in the middle of a massive furniture store? Pinch me I'm dreaming. If you're doing some serious shopping and need to recharge, this is money. I had heard of this before, but I hadn't seen the true awesomeness until I got there and read the sign. I saw something truly L4A.

WEDNESDAY IS RIB NIGHT AT THE IKEA RESTAURANT!

That's right. Rib night. At Ikea. To quote Brian Regan, Does life get any better? I submit that it does not! Nothing gets my rib hankering going like pushing a cart through a massive warehouse to find my new bookcase ready to assemble in 4 boxes. Forget going to the store, then coming home to cook dinner. Just eat AT the store. If I am fortunate enough to one day live a short distance from Ikea, rib night will become a thing. Growing up, we had pizza every Friday. Well, my family and I are gonna pile in the Seabring, roll down the street to Ikea, head up top for RIB NIGHT, and then maybe check out some cabinets on our way out. Weekly dinner at Ikea. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment