Friday, October 30, 2009

Awesome website

For more on the Large Hadron Collider, I was sent this pretty awesome website by Cate.

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/


The website, as simple as it is, amuses me greatly. Mainly because it will never change. Other similar websites, like http://isitchristmas.com/, answer the question of if it is currently Christmas. But these websites change - on Christmas, the no will become a yes, if only for a day.

However, with hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com, the "nope" will never become a yes. I mean, I'm just assuming that if it does destroy the world, the person who controls the website won't be able to change it. But I guess that raises a philosophical question: If a webpage is updated, and no one is there to view it, does it really change?

In the bummer of the day, it appears isittuesday.com has changed to some sports betting site. This is terrible news. Now how will I know if it is Tuesday? it is a good thing I don't have anything on Tuesdays, or my world would be in turmoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment